End of Year Function
We had a very festive and thoroughly enjoyable 2020 Year End Function and Awards Ceremony. Many thanks to Jayne Foulis and her crew for making this happen!
Congratulations to the following members for their outstanding achievements:
- Comrades Runner-First Male: Mike Edgcumbe for running the full 90km at the Comrades Legends’ Virtual Race and recording the best club time (8hr 43minutes).
- Comrades Runner-First Female: Not awarded. No one from the club ran the full 90km.
- Comrades Runner of the Year: Shane Jacklin for completing the full 90km at Comrades Legends’ Virtual Race (Trail Run) and running the Karkloof 50 miler.
- Male Runner of the Year: Simon Mbuyazi. (Save Marathon: On the podium for his age category; Hillcrest Marathon: Second in his age category: Best of Best Marathon: First in his age category).
- Female Runner of the Year: Paula Heuff (Save Marathon and Capital City Marathon: On the podium for her age category; Deloitte Marathon: First in her age category)
- Walkers Award: Russell and Corrie Scholtz for walking 5Km every day since the beginning of lockdown (except for a few rainy days). On Day 232, they had clocked up 1050 km.
- Member of the Year: Jim Gray for outstanding service to the club.
- Carrot Award: Megan Grewcock for not achieving her Time Trial target!
- Booby Prize: Kevin Le Roux – No explanation needed!
To keep up to date with up and coming road & local trail running events, click on the links below:
A number of our members take part in our local Piggly Wiggly Parkrun on Saturday mornings.
Like our Facebook page to keep up to date on club happenings and results and for members a Whatsapp group is available.